EQUITYOPPORTUNITY

Sunday, February 25, 2007

It's surprising how much you can make by not staring at your stock all day.

That's one reason why I buy so many counters.

Today I discovered I had a stock in my portfolio called Sin Heng Chan which had risen over 50% in the past month.

If I had not forgotten about it, I would most likely have sold it at RM1.10-1.20, which is almost 20% below where it is trading now.


Another of my forgotten bonuses was Tamcorp, which has almost doubled by the time I realised I still had it(and promptly sold it on discovery).


My mother's PPBOil is another case in point. If one has forgotten the stock, the only way one gets to know of it again is when it appears in the news, either because of a disastrous, or because of a highly favourable turn of events.

If one has been doing their homework assiduously, chances are much higher that the attention-grabbing news is favourable rather than the other way around.


For the week ahead, I am selectively entering laggard 2nd Board KL stocks like MESB, Tomei and Tanamas.

(For the other 20 stocks in my list you have to be a paying client)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home