EQUITYOPPORTUNITY

Friday, February 23, 2007

A satisfying end to the trading week!

Two days ago, I advised a client to enter laggard MESDAQ and KL Second Board stocks as a way to trade safely.

When asked which ones specifically, the first name the came out of my mouth was Borneo Oil, partly because I have already made quite a fair amount on this stock, back when it was called Sugar Bun.


The man promptly bought 100,000 at prices ranging from RM1.78-1.80.

I entered a measly 10,000 shares at RM1.79 an hour before the market close, mainly because I had cleared almost 30% of my portfolio for profits and was itching to punt on something.

For good measure, I added 3,000 shares of Borneo Oil warrants at RM1.39.


I started to regret my rather rash decision as both stocks treaded water until the close.

For the next day and a half, Borneo Oil's price actually weakened, and my regret grew proportionally to the time the stock price spent underwater vis-a-vis
my cost price.

My disappointment ended soon after the afternoon session of trading commenced today.

As of today's close, my RM22,070 investment(or rather, speculation) is worth RM24,250, or a hike of almost 10%.

Another of the significant gainers in my portfolio was M3nergy, up 7.2% today, and 17.6% over my cost.

Kluang also looked strong today, up 4.1% in my portfolio.

SBCCorp(see my Nov '06 recommendation) is firm at 9.8% over my cost.

What I did sell today was SapCres for a 32% profit in less than 2 months, and some MAA for a 9.8% gain in a month.

On the SGX, I sold my Venture warrants for a 27% profit.

This was a very satisfying week, for, despite it being shortened by the CNY, I realised more profits than the combined total of the previous two weeks, which were record weeks in themselves.

February is shaping up to be a very exciting month indeed! But I intend to be very careful from March onwards,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home