EQUITYOPPORTUNITY

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hurrah...a record day for me on the KL Stock Exchange!

Profit-wise, I achieved my highest daily total since July 1999. The market as at 11.39am is already seeing 2.33 billion shares transacted.


Looks like if the market either suffers massive profit-taking in the afternoon or gets a push up to the close, the total volume transacted on Bursa Malaysia today should be over 4 billion,smashing last Thursday's old record by 460 million shares, this difference being equivalent to the TOTAL daily trading average of 2005.

Only entered Prolexus and Airport(at a 5c discount to last week's closing) today. Queueing to buy Sunchirin, and considering Aluminium Co. of M'sia strongly.


My own gut feel is that the market has become extremely speculative, with warrants jostling each other for double-digit percentage gains like nobody's business.


Even ailing companies' stock are flying, based on nothing but the expectation that all laggards on Bursa will soon take off.


Take PSCI, a company which has an NEGATIVE NTA of well-over (RM3).I bought a small amount last week for speculative purposes. Today, it has gained 21% in the morning session, and stands over 57% above my purchase price last week.

GPlus, a major component in my portfolio, has surged 12% this morning, and stands over 50% higher than you could have bought it for the last two weeks.

AKN, another laggard stock which makes up a major percentage in my portfolio, has zoomed 17% since last week with no supporting news.



My ENTIRE portfolio of over 130 stocks, which consists of mainly speculative plays, has added over 8% overall since the beginning of last week, outstripping a 3.3% gain in the benchmark KLCI, and with profits taken(including today's), the gain since the beginning of last week is more like 10%.

It's too easy, but I expect that rotational punting is the safest way to participate in this superbull.

I'm ever ready to sell 80% of my portfolio or more should the KLCI approach the key resistance of 1300 points.


However, an intermediate resistance is 1278 points, the pre-'97 financial crisis high when it was difficult to find second board stocks below RM10, and many warrants were trading between RM2 and RM5.

Until then, I am still going out of counters with a big profit and entering those which haven't budged much the last three months.



On the SGX, my confidence in China Haida has been vindicated, but only a little as my paper profit on the stock is 14%.


Be forewarned fellow specuvestors!


2 pm update : I'm shivering with excitement!My mum has just told me that she has cashed out of the unit trust she has been holding for me in her name since June 2000 and bought 3000 shares of TA, currently the HOTTEST stock on Bursa Malaysia! She told me she bought it for 90c three weeks ago.This morning alone, it zoomed 32c to RM2.20,a 144% profit! Yippee!!

3 pm update : The volume as at 3.02pm is a frenetic 3.20 billion shares, just 340 million short of the all-time high.Cleared out my holdings of AKNMTec, EngloTC and NTPM

5 pm update : The volume has predictably surpassed 4 billion, but the online trading software I use screwed up and I'm not able to come up with a final figure. Cleared GPlus @93c after it vaulted a ridiculous 21% today, propelling it past CFM and MNI to make it my most profitable stock in the last two years.CAM Resources shot up an equally-ridiculous 33% today, and I plan to unload it tomorrow. Took some profits on PSCI, for a mind-boggling return of 70% in a week.GTronic was disposed for a 12% gain in two weeks, while Chase was pared for a 19% gain in three weeks.The Sapura companies which I have been collecting started to party today, and SapCres is up almost 20% for me.Even sleepy Yee Lee is up 8% from my cost. Entered Alcom, Kamdar, Prlexus and Borneo Oil in the afternoon. In S'pore, I took some profit off the table on China Haida, but failed to enter Equation on time :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home