EQUITYOPPORTUNITY

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Puts and Zhongguo Powerplus rule my day...

Sold my ZPP stock for a 41% gross gain, which, in a market that is generally weak(STI is down 1.5% or 49 points as I write) is quite a good two-week punt.


The other rewarding trade is my speculative buy of Keppel CorpBNPePW070710 which is now up 25% from where I bought them last week, thanks to a 30c drop in the underlying shares.

Equation seems to be holding and I'm debating whether to enter directly at 17.5c or queue behind thousands at 17c.

In Malaysia, the KL Composite is down 11.54 points, but the volume topper, ECM, is also a component of my portfolio, and up about 10% currently.

5 pm update : The MESDAQ Composite Index defied the market trend with a 1.82% surge,justifying my outperform call on the MESDAQ market ; I put my moolah where my mouth is with a speculative buy of NSCOM at 19.5c (at 4.40pm), and was rewarded with a 10% surge by the close of trade. Another MESDAQ counter, NovaMSC, is up 13% today. YTLE got away from me though. Also entered small amounts of Utusan, Borneo Oil and PSCI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home