EQUITYOPPORTUNITY

Monday, February 05, 2007

Some targets reached on key indices.

The KLCI has reached my ultimate target of 1225 points.So I would advise all who have not taken profits on blue-chip companies to start doing so in the next few days.

If the bull-run continues(which it very likely will at least until the end of this week), I am looking at the '97 pre-Asian financial crisis high of 1275 to sell 80% of all holdings that have made their move.

Of course, I won't expect the bull to be killed before the second liners experience a blowoff of sorts, but so far, most are not participating in the bull-market.

This is reflected in the Second Board Index ,which dropped 0.5% today.


Tomorrow I will be looking to enter positions in some stockbroking companies like TA, OSK and Kenanga, quality finance stocks like MAA and some second liners that have maintained their position but have not moved in any significant way.

One of my main targets will be Century Logistics. The substantial shareholder made purchases of the company stock as recently as on Dec 29th when the market price was just 4c below the current price.

The STI is way overstretched and is in danger of a sharp correction, so I nibbled a little at a SIMSCI put warrant. I also bought some puts in Keppel Corp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home