EQUITYOPPORTUNITY

Monday, February 26, 2007

Wow...the plunge in blue chips is fast and furious. Venture shines!

However, I was in luck. I still have 18,000 Venture DBeCW070618, and I was happy to dispose of it at prices ranging from 14.5c to 16c, a 34.8% gain in two weeks.


This gain was achieved as Venture Corp reported better than expected earnings and the stock rose 50c to S$13.80.

On Bursa Malaysia, I sold Eng Teknologi for a 10.5% gain. The stock is holding steady despite a general weakness in the market with loser thumping gainers 860 to 139.

11: 21 am - The overall market is breaking badly, but I have decided to hold on to my purchases yesterday. Rex is actually up 1c, but is very thinly traded now.Riverview is currently unchanged but again has a huge bid/ask spread. I-Bhd is unchanged but the bid/ask spreads are lower.
5:00pm - I nibbled selectively at two blue-chip call warrants : TM-CC(down 18% when I entered) and Astro-CB(down 14% at entry), because I believe the current selldown is being exacerbated by the force-selling of a large portion of the 4.78 billion shares done last Thursday.
Today, profits were few and far between, but I still managed to sell Eng Teknologi and Yinson for a total gain of less than RM200. But my luck with Venture resulted in a total that falls just short of yesterday's total.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home