EQUITYOPPORTUNITY

Friday, August 16, 2024

Lesson Reminder from 'Black Monday' v2.0 on 5th Aug '24 : Never SELL into a Panic!!!



I waded into Yamaha ヤマハ as I had indicated I was inclined to in a blog post at the beginning of August. On hindsight, if I had waited just one more day, I could have corralled the shares much cheaper, a savings equivalent to my maximum paper loss of ¥ 43,800(-14.6%) + commission at the worst point of the historic selldown on that fateful Monday. I kept my cool, barely, and today, I am poised to add the largest musical instrument exporter in the world to my list of Japanese winners:
As the legendary founder of Walmart, Sam Walton, taught us after the '87 Black Monday panic: "It was paper then & it's paper now!", a lesson on not panicking with the crowd if you can help it, reinforced by former Magellan fund wizard manager Peter Lynch in his book "One Up on Wall Street"  eg. no overleveraged margin position that can't be remedied with additional capital! 
 


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home