EQUITYOPPORTUNITY

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Next week looks promising, but take it with a pinch of timely puts

Many second-liners on the SGX and Bursa Malaysia look promising for next week.

Those I'm into(but they're no Hongfoks, HPLs or WingTais) are OSIM, Longcheer, Yaan, DMX, See HupSeng and PCA Tech. I have never believed in chasing counters that have already advanced 50% or more over the space of less than 6 months, though I'm fully aware(thanks to a book called 'The Successful Investor' which I recommend to all my 'clients') that such strong stocks usually experience the best gains.

This is probably because I think the market will top out sometime this year, and within the next month or so to boot.

Malaysia offers a far greater variety of bargains with greater potential upside, though my calls this month and last have been far from scintillating.

BJToto and TM, the only blue-chips I have in my portfolio, are not budging much.


However, the outperformance of just a handful of stocks in my portfolio more than makes up for the rest treading water.

Currently, my heaviest bet is on D'nonce Technology, listed in Bursa, with a 9.2% weightage. Other significant components include MPI and Borneo Oil while a smattering of small amounts of Second Board and MESDAQ companies litter the portfolio.

On the SGX, I hope to enter Hengxin and Plastoform this week.

ABR looks like it's poised for a breakout as well.

Here are some charts for your perusal:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home